We have been asked many times for the recipe of this fragrant salad.
So here it finally is..
Without exaggeration, this must be one of our favourite salads.
It is full of flavour, full of colour and packed with goodness.
It can be served as a side to any dish, we often serve it to our guests with baked potato and chilli bean sauce.
This salad would do pride to any plant based Christmas dinner table!
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
5 cardamom pods (husks removed)
2 garlic cloves
6 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2tsp apple cider vinegar
1tbsp honey or agave syrup
salt to taste
green herbs to sprinkle on top (parsley, coriander, or chives) plus some sesame seeds (optional)
1. Grind the spices together and crash the garlic.
2. Stir in the olive oil, lemon juice, the vinegar, honey and salt and mix well. (You can put it in a jam jar with a secure lid and shake well)
3. Grate all the veg (we use our magimix to save time and effort)
4. Put all the ingredients in a large salad bowl with the dressing and mix well.
5. Sprinkle the herbs on top and serve. Enjoy!