We love making these cookies for our retreat guests. They are chewy, healthy, nutritious and delicious. Originally from the Happy Pear, but we replaced almonds with hazelnuts for the cookie and we roast the nuts to add flavor. Also I found that we needed to add more dates as the dough was falling apart when following the original recipe.
Ready in 20 min
Makes 10-14 cookies
For the cookie
- 100g hazelnuts (roasted for 8min)
- 100g cashew nuts
- 180g pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the filling
- 100g cashew nuts ( soaked overnight)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- In a food processor, blend the hazelnuts and cashews for a few minutes until smooth. Add dates and all the other cookie ingredients and keep blending until everything is smooth
- Mold the mixture into a dough and put on a large piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it’s about 50mm thick. To prevent it from sticking onto the rolling pin, grease the pin with some coconut oil.
- With a cookie cutter, cut out the shapes until you use all the dough.
- Put all the filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have a smooth texture.
- Put a teaspoon of the filling onto half the cookie shapes and sandwich with the other half.
- Put into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Carlingford Yoga RECIPE
By Martina Durnin